We do a lot of things differently at GSC, and one of those things is pairing one of our fractional CTOs to each of our clients, providing CTO services for FREE. The CTO takes on many responsibilities that would otherwise fall on the client's sholders, including :
- Technology strategy: Developing and executing a technology strategy that aligns with the overall business objectives of the company.
- Product development: Overseeing the development and implementation of new technology products or services.
- Technical architecture: Designing and maintaining the technical architecture of the client's systems, ensuring that they are scalable, secure, and efficient.
- Research and development: Staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and identifying new opportunities for the client.
- Team management: Building and managing a team of developers, engineers, and other technical professionals.
- Resource allocation: Managing the technical resources for the client, ensuring that projects are successful and that the highest value issues are being addressed.
- Prioritizing the product backlog: Maintaining the product backlog, which represents the work that needs to be done to deliver the client's product. The CTO is responsible for prioritizing the backlog items based on value, risk, and other factors.
- Communicating with stakeholders: Responsible for communicating with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements, and for ensuring that those needs are reflected in the product backlog.